Comments: With it’s beginnings believed to be in the mid 14th and extensively remodelled in the 17th and 19th Centuries, this Ancestral seat of the Kennedy Clan was recently sold after the passing of The Marquis of Ailsa.
James Kennedy, a 15th century Bishop of Dunkeld and Bishop of St. Andrews, the third
and youngest son of Sir James Kennedy of Dunure and Princess Mary of Scotland and
brother of Gilbert Kennedy, the 1st Lord Kennedy, was the founder of St Salvator's
College, St Andrews. In 1450.